Whooping cough outbreak reported in Orange County
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Orange County officials say that there has been a recent outbreak of whooping cough, mainly involving high schools students.
Iulia Vann with the Orange County Health Department said that the cases began in November.
She said that at least three cases were reported at each high school in the county — Chapel Hill High and East Chapel Hill High.
There have been more reported cases involving people aged from 11 to 54, Vann said.
The health issue was considered an “outbreak” as of last week.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 CHARGED IN WAKE COUNTY REGISTER OF DEEDS EMBEZZLEMENT CASE EXPECTED IN COURT
- 3 TEENS KILLED IN WAKE COUNTY HEAD-ON CRASH, OFFICIALS SAY
- MAN FACING DWI CHARGE IN RALEIGH I-40 WRONG-WAY CRASH THAT KILLED 2 SAY
- MOM AND WIFE WHO LIVED 2ND LIFE AS ADULT WEBSITE MODEL IS FOUND SLAIN
- ‘IF BLACK THEN SHOOT’: RELEASED RECORDS SHOW RACIST MESSAGES FROM FORMER OFFICER