White House locked down after vehicle strikes barrier
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House is on lockdown after a passenger vehicle struck a security barrier.
The U.S. Secret Service tweets that the vehicle “did not breach the security barrier of the White House complex.”
The agency adds that the female driver of the vehicle was “immediately apprehended.”
Witnesses saw a commotion on the White House grounds as security officers responded.
President Donald Trump is hosting Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull at the White House. Turnbull is remaining at the White House as the incident is being investigated.
The Secret Service says no law enforcement personnel were injured in the incident.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHAD COPLEY SENTENCED TO LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE FOR MURDERING KOUREN THOMAS
- 1 DEAD, 2 SERIOUSLY INJURED IN CRASH ON US 15-501 IN DURHAM; ALL LANES CLOSED
- KNIGHTDALE TEEN CHARGED WITH THREATENING TO ‘SHOOT UP’ SCHOOL, SHOWING GUN ON FACETIME
- REPORT: DUKE, UNC, NC STATE NAMED IN NCAA INVESTIGATION INTO POSSIBLE VIOLATIONS
- FORT BRAGG SOLDIER GIVES DAUGHTER INCREDIBLE 16TH BIRTHDAY SURPRISE