Police: Shots fired at Georgia high school, teacher in custody
DALTON, Ga. (CBS NEWS) — A teacher is in custody after police say he barricaded himself inside a classroom at a high school in northwest Georgia Wednesday, police say.
Police responded to the report of shot or shots fired at Dalton High School in Dalton and reported via Twitter that a person, believed to be a teacher, was barricaded inside. A Dalton police spokesperson tells CBS News the teacher had a gun.
Police later tweeted that the teacher was in custody.
No students were hurt in the incident, and no children are in danger, Dalton Police said. Police have been on the scene for about 25 minutes.
Police say they don’t have information to release about the teacher’s identity or what caused the incident.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 3 MORE TEENS CHARGED AFTER FUQUAY-VARINA WALMART SHOOTING IN BOTCHED DRUG DEAL, POLICE SAY
- SITE OF MISSING UNC NATIONAL TITLE SIGN NEAR PNC ARENA NOW HAS ANTI-UNC POSTERS
- DURHAM FAMILY SPEAKS OUT AFTER DAUGHTER STUDYING AT NORTHWESTERN DIES
- MAN FINDS LARGE ALLIGATOR DEAD IN CENTRAL NC RIVER
- GREEN HOPE STUDENTS TO WALK OUT OF CLASS TODAY, CALL FOR END TO GUN VIOLENCE IN SCHOOLS