Police officer shot in Lumberton
LUMBERTON, N.C. (WBTW) – An officer with the Lumberton police department has been shot in the line of duty Friday evening, according to the police captain.
According to Capt. Terry Parker with the Lumberton Police Department, North Carolina’s State Bureau of Investigation has been called in to help investigate the officer-involved shooting. The shooting occurred at 5:13 p.m., near the intersection of Fayettville Road and Peterson Drive.
Parker did not say whether there are any suspects.
There is also no word on the extent of the officer’s injuries.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- SNOW BACK IN THE FORECAST?
- ‘SHE’S BLEEDING VERY BADLY’: RALEIGH FOOD LION STABBING 911 CALL RELEASED
- RALEIGH HOT DOG STAND’S MESSAGE ABOUT WOMEN RAISES EYEBROWS
- 4 OF 6 WANTED SUSPECTS SURRENDER IN CUMBERLAND COUNTY CHILD SERVITUDE CASE
- REPORT: KILLING OF GIRL FOUND BURNED CALLED ‘WORST CHILD DEATH CASE’ M.E. HAS SEEN