NC mom jailed after having daughter baptized without the dad’s knowledge
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN/CNN Newsource) — Friday a Charlotte mother reported to jail for having her daughter baptized behind the father’s back.
Kendra Stocks is a mother of two and must serve seven days for violating a judge’s order that gave the father primary-decision making control over their 2-year-old daughter — including matters of religion.
The father wasn’t told — he found out on Facebook. A judge later found the mother in contempt.
Friends and family stood by her as she turned herself in to be processed for jail on Friday.
“Her father and I both agreed on baptizing her, I regret that he wasn’t part of it, but I don’t regret that we’re raising her in the Catholic faith, which is what we both wanted,” Kendra Stocks told WSOC-TV.
Stocks and the baby’s father are not married. Both are Catholic
The father’s attorney says “jail time is the price she has to pay for making bad decisions.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 7 NC CORRECTIONS OFFICERS ATTACKED IN PRISONS THIS WEEK, REPORT SHOWS
- FRIENDS, FAMILY GRIEVE DAD KILLED IN DURHAM MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- FRANKLIN COUNTY MOM GIVES BIRTH A MONTH EARLY AFTER SHE’S HURT IN HIT-AND-RUN
- VIDEO: ANGER BUBBLES OVER AT FUNERALS FOR FLORIDA SHOOTING VICTIMS
- GARNER STUDENTS TIP COPS TO GUN AT SCHOOL AFTER SOCIAL MEDIA POST, OFFICIALS SAY