NC couple wanted in connection with beating of elderly couple arrested in Myrtle Beach

MYRTLE BEACH, N.C. (WFMY) — “Rest easy tonight.”


Those are the words Randolph County Sheriff Robert Graves gave his community after Jeremy Hayes and his girlfriend Kennedy Boggs were taken into custody in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, on Tuesday night.

Hayes is wanted in connection with several robberies and assaults, including assaults on two Triad elderly couples.

EARLIER: Man wanted in attack on elderly NC couple strikes again, sheriff says

During a press conference Tuesday night, Graves said Myrtle Beach authorities were in contact with Randolph County investigators on Sunday regarding armed robberies in their area. Hayes and Boggs were suspects.

Graves said the couple were arrested after a police chase that ended in a crash in Myrtle Beach. They are working on the extradition process to get the couple back in North Carolina.

Investigators said Hayes had 15 outstanding warrants for his arrest in North Carolina and Boggs had three outstanding warrants.

The first attack happened last week at a home on Ingram Drive in Asheboro. An elderly couple was attacked in their home after opening their door to a man claiming to be with the water department.


Hayes is believed to have attacked the couple who are both in their 80s. Emergency crews treated the couple for various injuries. Investigators believe Hayes’ girlfriend, Kennedy Boggs, is related to the victims.

Sunday, Graves confirmed they believed Hayes attacked again. This time it was a person working at a rest stop in Seagrove. The 21-year-old victim was robbed and beaten so badly that he needed 35 stitches and 42 staples.

Deputies say they think he committed another assault and robbery Saturday night of an elderly couple on the 5000 block of Old Randleman Road in Guilford County.

WFMY News 2 spoke with the victims’ grandson, Bobby McInnis.

McInnis said Hayes came to his grandparents’ door saying he had run out of gas. When they opened the door to help Hayes, he burst in and started whipping the couple with his pistol.

“I’m just grappling with how someone could do this,” said McInnis. “I’m thanking God that they made it through this.”

McInnis said his grandparents received multiple stitches and staples for their injuries. His grandfather’s nose is broken and both of the victims are badly bruised.

In September, Jeremy Hayes was arrested for robbing an elderly man. Court documents show the case was dismissed when prosecutors were unable to locate the victim to testify and Hayes went free.

...[READ MORE]   Source:¬†WNCN Durham County News