Moped driver killed in I-85 crash near Henderson
HENDERSON, N.C. (WNCN) – Henderson police are investigating a fatal crash that occurred on Interstate 85 southbound between the 214 and 213 mile markers.
Authorities say a person was riding a moped shortly after 5 a.m. when a collision took place with another vehicle.
The moped driver was ejected and remained in the roadway. Police say a commercial vehicle then collided with victim who was still in the road.
The driver of the moped was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The incident closed I-85 southbound for hours.
Police have not released the name of the victim and say no charges have been filed at this time.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ‘PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY DAUGHTER:’ NC MOM PLEADS FOR INFO ABOUT MISSING 16-YEAR-OLD
- TWIN SISTER MOURNS BROTHER AND HIS WIFE WHO DIED IN WAYNE COUNTY FIRE
- STRING OF INDECENT EXPOSURES REPORTED NEAR CAMERON VILLAGE
- SENATE VOTE FAILS AGAINST BILL PREVENTING GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN
- NC OFFICIALS HOPE NEW TECHNOLOGY CAN DETECT WRONG-WAY DRIVERS