Man wounded in Raleigh shooting near Wake Forest Road and I-440
RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh police are investigating a broad-daylight shooting Sunday afternoon off Wake Forest Road near Interstate 440.
The shooting happened around 1:35 p.m. on Wake Towne Drive, beside a new luxury apartment building and a Courtyard by Marriott hotel.
The area is also across from Trader Joe’s and several other shops.
Police told CBS North Carolina that a 23-year-old man was shot twice in the incident.
A black handgun was left at the scene and was still there when police were investigating.
The victim was transported to WakeMed in serious condition.
There is no suspect information at this time, police said.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WOMAN REVIVED AFTER BEING RESCUED FROM NC FIRE, OFFICIALS SAY
- ‘SERIAL CHILD MOLESTER’ ACCUSED OF SEXUALLY ASSAULTING KIDS IN NC, 3 OTHER STATES
- WOMAN DIES IN NC 3-CAR CRASH THAT LEFT SUVS TOPPLED ON LIGHT-RAIL LINE
- WOMAN SAYS ‘OFFICER’ PULLED HER OVER, MADE RACIAL REMARKS
- 22-YEAR-OLD WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN WOODS WAS MAULED TO DEATH BY OWN DOGS, SHERIFF SAYS
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018
...[READ MORE] Source: WNCN Durham County News