Garner students tip cops to gun at school after post on social media, officials say
GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — A Garner High School student was arrested this week after bringing a gun to school, police said.
The 14-year-old student was arrested Thursday after the gun was found on campus on Monday, Garner police said.
In a call to parents, a school official said: “some students noticed a classmate’s social media post which indicated the student might have brought a gun to school.”
Authorities then launched an investigation.
“That investigation confirmed the student did have a gun on school property,” the call to parents said.
Police said the gun was not used “in a threatening manner.”
Police did not say what kind of gun it was. The teen is charged with having a weapon on campus.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- KNIGHTDALE MAN IMPREGNATES BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER, PLANS TO MARRY HER, WARRANTS SAY
- THESE ARE THE 17 LIVES LOST IN THE FLORIDA HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING
- WOMAN CHARGED WITH ASSAULTING, STRANGLING WAKEMED NURSE, WARRANT SHOWS
- OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN HENDERSON LEAVES SUSPECT DEAD, OFFICER INJURED
- FAYETTEVILLE GAS STATION ASSAULT VICTIM UNDERGOES FACIAL RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY