Cumberland County school system worker charged with assault
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A Cumberland County school system worker was charged with assault over the weekend, authorities say.
According to a Fayetteville Police report, there was an incident at a victim’s house on Liberty Lane on Saturday around 9 p.m.
The police report said the threats/assault were made using the suspect’s hands, feet and teeth.
The victim suffered minor injuries.
According to the arrest report, Carmen Nichols McFarlin, 40, who works with the Cumberland County school system and lives at the same address as the victim, was arrested and charged with simple assault.
She didn’t have a bond and was expected to make her first court appearance on Monday morning.
According to the Reid Ross Classical School website, Carmen McFarlin is the assistant principal.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CLAYTON TEEN GIRL USES DAD’S GUN TO SHOOT AT MOM IN BED, POLICE SAY
- MAN SLITS WIFE’S THROAT AFTER SHE CONFRONTS HIM ABOUT SEX CRIMES AGAINST CHILD
- POLICE DEPARTMENT FIRES RECRUIT OVER FACEBOOK POST FROM WHEN SHE WAS 16
- WATCH: 7-YEAR-OLD FLORIDA BOY ARRESTED FOR PUNCHING TEACHER
- TEEN DIES MONTHS AFTER CAR CRASHES INTO WAKE COUNTY POND