Cary senior center rape suspect arrested in Cumberland County
CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – The man accused of a female resident early Saturday morning at the Woodland Terrace retirement community has been taken into custoduy in Cumberland County, officials confirm.
Antwain Dennis, 35, was on the run after Cary police said he raped a female resident early Saturday morning at the Woodland Terrace retirement community on Kildaire Woods Drive.
He faces charges of first-degree burglary, first-degree kidnapping and first-degree forcible rape.
He surrendered at the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office just after 3:30 p.m., officials confirmed.
He is being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center without bond.
CBS North Carolina will update this story as it develops.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- EX-PANTHERS PLAYER CARRUTH BREAKS PRISON SILENCE, HOPES FOR RELATIONSHIP WITH SON
- ANGRY MOB BEATS RAPE, MURDER SUSPECTS TO DEATH
- ‘I HAD NIGHTMARES’ AFTER MAN DEMANDED SEX ACTS DURING KIDNAPPING, RAEFORD WOMAN SAYS
- 23 NABBED IN DRUG DEALING OPERATION IN EDGECOMBE COUNTY, SHERIFF SAYS
- VIDEO: ‘CRUISE FROM HELL,’ SOME KICKED OFF CARNIVAL SHIP AFTER MASSIVE BRAWLS