BMW driver dies in crash while fleeing troopers in Johnston County, officials say
SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) — A BMW driver fleeing from authorities died in a crash Friday night in Johnston County, officials said.
The crash happened around 10:45 p.m. along Brogden Road after the man exited Interstate 95, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
Jerry Anderson Jr., 53, of Godwin died when the 1995 BMW hit a culvert on Brogden Road and flipped, officials said.
The crash began after officials said Anderson was speeding and they tried to pull his car over along I-95 just east of Smithfield, troopers said.
Johnston County EMS tried to revive Anderson, but he died at the scene.
Anderson was not wearing a seatbelt, according to officials.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WOMAN REVIVED AFTER BEING RESCUED FROM NC FIRE, OFFICIALS SAY
- NC SCHOOL VOLUNTEER CHARGED WITH HAVING SEX WITH STUDENT
- WOMAN DIES IN NC 3-CAR CRASH THAT LEFT SUVS TOPPLED ON LIGHT-RAIL LINE
- WOMAN SAYS ‘OFFICER’ PULLED HER OVER, MADE RACIAL REMARKS
- 22-YEAR-OLD WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN WOODS WAS MAULED TO DEATH BY OWN DOGS, SHERIFF SAYS
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018
...[READ MORE] Source: WNCN Durham County News