Billy Graham to Lie in Honor in U.S. capitol Rotunda
WASHINGTON (WNCN) – Rev. Billy Graham will lie in honor at the Rotunda of the U.S. Capitol from Wednesday, Feb. 28 through Thursday March 1, House Speaker Paul Ryan announced.
In a release, Ryan said members of the public are invited to pay their respects to Graham.
Ryan and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will take part in a service once Graham’s casket arrives.
A spokesman said Graham died in his sleep at 7:46 a.m. Wednesday at the age of 99 in his Montreat home.
Graham’s body will be brought to the Charlotte area, where he was born, for a private viewing on Saturday, Feb. 24.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- HUNDREDS OF DURHAM HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WALK OUT OF CLASS TO DEMAND STRONGER GUN LAWS
- RALEIGH TEEN CHARGED WITH ATTACKING, SPITTING ON WAKEMED NURSES, EMTS, OFFICERS
- ARMED MAN RESTRAINED FOLLOWING DISTURBANCE AT RALEIGH RESTAURANT, POLICE SAY
- 8 ‘SEX MONEY MURDER’ BLOOD GANG MEMBERS ARRESTED IN ROCKY MOUNT DRUG BUST
- VIDEO: ‘CRUISE FROM HELL,’ SOME KICKED OFF CARNIVAL SHIP AFTER MASSIVE BRAWLS