2 Ohio police officers killed in shooting; suspect wounded
WESTERVILLE, Ohio (WCMH) — The Westerville Division of Police confirms two officers have been shot and killed late Saturday morning on Crosswind Drive.
A suspect was wounded and transported to an area hospital, according to Westerville Police.
Officers responded to a 911 hang-up around 11:30 a.m. and were fired on when they arrived at the address.
The scene is still active. The Columbus Division of Police will be handling the investigation.
Police will hold a press conference around 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
The city of Westerville is asking for prayers for the officers and their families.
The Columbus Division of Police, Genoa Township Police, and Ohio Fraternal Order of Police have expressed their condolences on social media.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DURHAM GRANDMOTHER WORRIED AFTER TEEN DAUGHTER AND HER BABY GO MISSING
- 17-YEAR-OLD ARRESTED AFTER MAN KILLED IN DURHAM SHOOTING
- 2 INFANTS FOUND IN BACK SEAT OF CAR THAT WRECKED DURING CHASE, CARY POLICE SAY
- MOM USED KIDS TO SCAM AT LEAST 15 IN WAYNE COUNTY, DEPUTIES SAY
- 27-YEAR-OLD MAN KILLED WHEN CAR AND TRUCK COLLIDE NEAR GARNER