17 new flu deaths; 165 for the season, NC health officials say
RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina health officials said 17 people have died from the flu in the last week and a total of 165 have died in the state this season.
Last week, officials said 34 people had died in the previous week. That number has since been revised to 39.
CBS North Carolina will update this story as it develops.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FLORIDA TEEN CHARGED WITH MURDERING 17 STUDENTS BOUGHT AR-15 LEGALLY, OFFICIALS SAY
- EX-ORANGE COUNTY SUB UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR SENDING NUDES TO STUDENTS, SHERIFF SAYS
- MISSING FIREFIGHTER FOUND WEARING SKI CLOTHES 3,100 MILES FROM HOME
- NC DAD WAKES UP FROM COMA TO MEET HIS NEWBORN BABY
- EXPERTS: THE ONE FLU SYMPTOM YOU SHOULDN’T IGNORE