1 shot during possible home invasion in Chatham County, officials say
PITTSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities in Chatham County say that a person was shot during a possible home invasion Tuesday afternoon.
The incident was reported around 2:35 p.m. and deputies are currently on the scene.
“We are receiving assistance from neighboring agencies to locate a suspect,” Chatham County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Sara Pack said in a news release.
Pack said that the victim was shot at least once in a leg, according to early reports.
No details were available about the exact location of the shooting.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DURHAM MOM DISTRAUGHT AFTER POLICE SAY MISSING SON WAS FORCED INTO VAN
- DURHAM HOMELESS COMMUNITY BEING FORCED OFF STATE-OWNED PROPERTY
- APP STATE TENNIS PLAYER SUSPENDED FOLLOWING RACIST REMARK SAY
- WAKE COUNTY SCHOOL INVESTIGATING 2 RACIST SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEOS
- WIDOW OF HARNETT COUNTY INMATE DOESN’T BELIEVE HE KILLED HIMSELF