Host a Meals from the Market
The 12th annual Meals from the Market fundraiser plans are coming together! We are looking for a few more folks to host meals. Would you join us?
What is Meals from the Market?
MFTM is DCP, Inc’s biggest fundraiser event! It is a series of meals from September to November where DCP enthusiasts host a meal at their home, restaurant or other venue. The meals have different themes and numbers of attendees. All the meals are donated by the hosts and the proceeds from ticket sales go straight to support DCP, Inc.
Hosting a Meal – What the Host Does
- You set the date, time, location, number of guests and suggest a price for a ticket to your meal. Each Meal brings in anywhere from $600 to $6000 in total. It can be a breakfast, brunch or supper on any day of the week in September or October.
- You come up with a “hook” to attract ticket sales. This could be a unique menu, location, entertainment or theme. We’ll help you come up with a catchy title.
- You build interest in the meal among your friends and contact (you get to invite them for ticket pre-sales!). But, you should be prepared to host guests you have never met before.
- You donate all the expenses involved. So, it helps to get co-hosts. In the end, DCP can prepare a tax letter for your in-kind donation. All ticket sales go directly to DCP.
- Host the meal and have fun! Don’t think your meal has to be extravagant. Keep it to a size that will be manageable and fun for you to produce.
Hosting a Meal – What DCP Does
- DCP advertises the meals by providing a detailed website with info about each meal, sending direct mailers to the DCP mailing list, and through email and social media marketing
- DCP maintains and oversees ticket sales through eventbrite.com
- DCP maintains the guest list and will send hosts updates as sales progress. You will be notified when your meal sells out and tickets are no longer available.
- DCP will provide materials and designate a person to give a shout out to the work of DCP, Inc, during the meal.
We hope you can join us!
Meals from the Market is a great opportunity to share your enthusiasm for the park and help support the work that we do to provide this important space for the community. If you can’t host a meal right now, we hope that you will be able to join the fun at a meal this fall!
If you are interested in hosting a meal, please contact MFTM Chair, Lee Ann Tilley – [email protected]
...[READ MORE] SOURCE: Durham Central Park Blog